Saturday, June 16, 2012

All Too Subtle

Subtle pangs of guilt
Why do you do this to me
Can you stop, do you care
Just keeps goin' on
Every time I turn around
There's a knife in my heart
Needles in my back
Thorn in my side
And I didn't even feel the stab

-You make me want pain
-To want hurt, want your maim
-Just keeps coming, doesn't stop
-What can I do to make you see
-Just how much you're hurting me

Your games you play
Get old so quick
All your men, your lies
Flogging away my soul
Paint with my blood
Would I even notice
Guess I should just get over it
You're happy, isn't that all?

-Burning in my veins
-Pain drenches like rain
-Masochist for your delight
-All your chains, your spite
-Why can't I just break away
-From this puppet play
-Cut these strings at last
-If you'll just take off your mask

No comments:

Post a Comment