Saturday, June 16, 2012

Habits

Doesn't matter what I do - can't stop bein' who I am
I try to break these habits I left, they just keep comin'
Clouding my mind, judging the time when I lose it all
Heartache and poverty, like a phone dial droning
Never-ending tone, everything's gone away
It'll all disappear one day, I know
Least that's what I say, who can know
What in the future lay, day into night
Light the firefight, strike me down again
Just keeps going, going on
Who can stop, who would care
Beauty and form, style and grace
What're these things to me, I fire away
From these things that've sticken me, interdicted my soul
Who cares, I don't
These words just keep pourin' out, blotch this paper instantly
Implicating me, you don't even know me
The storm circles, blowin' down my world
Eye of the storm, the hole in me
Abyss the winds are too scared to enter, wish I could
Go away, not from You, from me
But I can't, I'm stuck, rooted forever
Crucify me in the pyre, burn away
All my pain and doubt, fear and frustrations
If I go, I go, no roundabout
Who will take my place but You?

No comments:

Post a Comment