Saturday, June 16, 2012

Burn

I don't want to be this way
But I can't get away,

This world rips me apart
Killing me right from the start,

Lost my expectations
Burned by condemnations,

Where is my heart you stole
Your hooks still grip my soul,

They say I do this to myself
Put my life on a shelf,

Until I can get it back
I'll live in a shack,

Away from the world
As the fires swirl,

I wear this mask to hide my shame
Though I know that you're the one to blame,

I know I'm not here to stay
But this isn't Broadway,

Where the lies are scripted
And the desperate aren't mentioned,

This pain I feel
Can't stop evil,

It keeps coming without pause
Clamping with steel jaws,

The only release I can use
Is the one I can't choose,

I'm abandoned and abused
Lost and confused,

This fire burns it away
Saves me from your foray,

I can't turn back now
Can't ignore this doubt,

So I'll give in to it
Make it legit,

Let it take me to a place
With no hint or trace,

Of this madness and torture
To escape from this vulture,

Go to my cocoon
Not a moment too soon,

But ten years from now
Maybe I'll be happy somehow,

Without you at my side
I might finally decide,

To have life to the full
To hold my heart's jewel,

Now I can see
The true majesty:

There is no sight
Without your Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment