Saturday, June 16, 2012

Vulnerable

I don't want to hate you, but you make it so damn hard

Everyday is a struggle, I move close, you push away

Like a fortress in your heart, excuses like arrows piercing my desire

Why can't you take a compliment, advise or help?

Why do you have to be so guarded, so tough and defensive?

I can't help but wonder, was it something I did, something I said

But you were like this before we even met

Yet I know you weren't a baby, silent in its crib, rejecting mother's milk

You were helpless like the rest of us, dependant, vulnerable

What could have happened in that space, how deep was the knife in your back

Some wounds don't heal, the cut too deep, the memory burned permanently

You crave attention, you're loud, overbearing, obnoxious

You're sensitive, defensive, callous and biting

But I still love you, I always will

Even if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment