Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cold Fusion

Tryin' everyday to be somebody

Strugglin' to make ends meet

Pourin' my heart out on this page

Barely standin' on two feet,

Go out, don't look, no eye contact

Walk with my head down

Can't let them see what's deep inside

My feet keep leavin' the ground,

Fire-darts thrown from all sides

Everywhere I see a threat

Just hidin' in my safe shell

Everybody sayin' don't worry, don't fret,

Got so much to do, so little time

Who knows what'll come next

Getting tired of the same old ills

This ain't nothing like Star Trek,

Get in my Enterprise and fly away

Beam me up to some weird place

Fix all my problems with a wave

But life would still give chase,

Tired of moaning and whining

Feelin' sorry for myself

Take out the trash, take me out

Put me on a shelf,

Keep doin' things I shouldn't

No matter how hard I try

Can't believe my own mouth

Just keep makin' you cry,

Escape into my world of dreams

My Pensieve can hold it all

Cast a spell, burn it out

Magic can break my fall,

But this plank page stares back

Burning in my mind

A wall of philosophy dams my soul

Never lets me unwind,

I try to stop but it just keeps comin'

The urge to sub-create

I can't quiet it, can't stop it

I just exacerbate,

This rap will never be good enough

My critic hating every move

No matter what I do, no effort sufficient

No work beyond reprove,

Can I ever get it right?

I doubt it

If I got published, got world-famous

"Bad!" my mind would shout it,

But these chains I put on myself can't last

The heart furnace will burn it away

Dreams and love stoke the fire

Don't even care if it's cliché,

I'm somebody, unique

Precious in the eyes of God

We're all children of the Most High

This song of a soul forever awed.

No comments:

Post a Comment