Saturday, June 16, 2012

Haunting

The sins of my past haunt me

Habits and passions plague me

The ghosts of foregone loves torment me

Spectres and demons just won't leave me

Alone with myself, no one but me

Forced to see it's not all me

Fear of the future grips me

Anxiety in the present electricutes me

I can't cure this disease that's killing me

Inside my mind, my heart, deep within me

I wonder what they think about me

When their words don't tell me

Do they make fun of me, ridicule me

If I died would they miss me

But I know it's also me

The way I act disgusts me

The way I think humiliates me

Sometimes it poisons me

Becomes what defines me

How people remember me

But I can't let it control me

I can't let it corrupt me

My sins can damn me

God can save me

And my heart will judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment